The Margaret Pratt Foundation is the only charity set up with the sole aim of furthering research into chronic lung rejection aiming to increase the long term survival of lung transplant recipients.
- Chronic lung rejection is the major cause of death amongst lung transplant recipients
- Funds raised by The Foundation go directly to The Alfred hospital, Melbourne which has the world’s busiest and most successful lung transplant unit and is a world leader in chronic lung rejection research
- The Foundation increases awareness of lung transplantation research
- The Foundation is a charity run entirely by volunteers and prides itself in having minimal administration costs
- The Foundation has proven success with past events and donations raising over $1,000,000 for lung transplantation research